Monday, May 27, 2013

This is the first time I find myself Blogging in a rather long time. Since my last post life has changed dramatically. Ive gotten Married.I Have a new job. Ive been to Europe. I am madly in love with my husband. But.....I have a question and I want to know if any other newly wed girls have felt the same as me. Here goes... ....I feel like I have no time for myself and my old hobbies. I loved poetry. I used to read it. I loved musicals from broadway. They were all I would listen to and movies from soundtracks. I loved my tranquil moments by an open window.Hearing the birds singing as they soar thru the sky.I loved just simply being. I loved walks in the rain. I cant remember the last time I did that. I used to read steamy historical novels or girls running away to the big city looking for a better life. I cant remember the last book I read. My time is all my husbands now. I wouldn't have it any other way but....I feel...and I know that its alright and that I should and need to have just 20 minutes a day to myself. If im not in tune to my needs and my innermost self I cant be in tune to his. This is not a selfish desire. Its a need as a woman to not forget the deepest recceses of my soul. We are strong and mysterious creatures. In todays society we are called upon to compete and fight against each other like gladiators from the roman empire. Bloody Battles of Whos the most Skinny? Whos prettier? Whos the most seductive? We are treated as show ponies. Easily discarded when our coates become dull. *sigh* Weve forgotten how strong we are and we have forgotten to listen to our hearts and what we are feeling and what we need. Again let me say that I enjoy taking care of and being with my husband.He is my best friend. But I feel a need to take some time out for myself...even if its just 20 minutes a day so I can become in tune with my heart again.

No comments:

Post a Comment