Friday, July 20, 2012

these dog days

Rite now I'm on my break at work. I work at a cosmetics counter in a department store. During the summer the whole store becomes rather dead. It seems everyone is off on vacation or heading to summer camp. The days I'm afraid, drag by horribly in the summer. Anyone who works retail can relate. It doesnt help either when you have a entire army of store managers hounding you to open credits and get emails. As if people need more debt shoved down their throats these days and more junk mail in their inbox. It especialy cracks me up when us cosmetic girls are told to go recruit people to bring back to the counter when the store is dead. Recruit Who??? Nevertheless We are sent of into the racks of clothes to hunt down any old lady we can find and beg her to come back to the counter for a free foundation sample. sigh. Ill be glad when things pick up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment